Friday, September 9, 2011

You want decadence?

So I got up this morning thinking to myself that I wanted something great to eat tonight for dinner. I couldn't figure what I wanted. I started looking around the kitchen to see what was available. I'm the kind of person that when it comes down to cooking, I just go with it. A little of this, a little of that and pray that it comes out OK.

After doing a quick recon of my available ingredients, I saw that I had all the makings for one of my favorite dishes (No idea what to call it except damn good even if it's not good for you...according to some people)

Here's what you need:
  • Potatoes (cubed to your desired size)
  • Bacon (as much as you want, or as little...sissy)
  • Italian Seasoning (to taste)
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
  • Garlic (either fresh or minced, your choice)
  • Either Chicken or Pork Chops in either chunks or strips..your choice (works great either one...or both!)
  • Olive Oil
  • BUTTER! (at least 3/4 cup, but preferably 1 cup)
This is what you do:
  1. Slice the bacon into small pieces. Cook over medium heat in a skillet until brown n cruchy...not burnt!
  2. Once bacon is done, remove from the skillet and let it drain a little. DO NOT remove the bacon fat from the skillet! Are you nuts???????
  3. Toss in the chicken or pork  into the skillet with the bacon grease and brown on both sides until almost completely cooked. Remove from skillet and set off to the side with the bacon.
  4. Put the potatoes (still uncooked) in the skillet with all that delicious bacon fat!
  5. Add the butter, Olive Oil (just a small drizzle), salt/pepper (to taste), garlic(the more the better, but its up to you) and Italian Seasoning (to taste) in with the potatoes. Cover  the skillet and turn heat down to medium low. Allow to cook for approximately 12-15 minutes mixing occasionally or until potatoes are almost fork tender.
  6. Add in the bacon and the chicken/pork and continue to simmer until potatoes are done and crispy.
Once it's done, just serve and enjoy!

Try it out and let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment