Sunday, September 25, 2011

How do you know you love your spouse?

So how do you know that you love your spouse? For everyone I guess it's different. For me, it comes down to the following:

  1. The best part of the day is when we go to bed at night and I wrap my arms around her.
  2. A close second is coming home to her, or when she comes home to me.
  3. Waking up next to her in the mornings
  4. I can't stand when I'm not around her
  5. Sitting next to her on the couch even if we are doing nothing
  6. Either laying my head on her lap watching TV or when she lays her head on mine.
  7. Seeing the smile in her eyes when she looks at me
  8. The way I get those butterflies in my stomach when I look at her
  9. Making dinner with her (or any meal)
  10. Holding her hand when out in public
  11. Holding her hand when we are in the car
  12. The way that she lays her head on my shoulder when I'm driving
  13. The way that she touches me
  14. The way that she kisses me (no matter how big or little the kiss is)
  15. Wanting to get up off the couch just to get her something when she says "don't worry, I'll get it in a minute
  16. The way that she starts to make me something to eat when I go to the kitchen and say "I'm in the mood for something" as I'm looking for something
  17. The way that I can't imagine my life without her
  18. Wanting to do anything for her that she wants
  19. Wanting to see her happy and smiling
  20. The way she would do anything that I want
  21. The way I feel when I say I Love You!
  22. And most importantly, the way she makes me feel when she says she loves me...

Any others that you can think of?

I have found that it's the little things in life, and in a relationship, that matter the most. Don't let something, or someone, ever get in the way of your relationship with your spouse. Stand by them and they will stand by you. Don't take them for granted, because if you do, they will not be around much longer.

The three most powerful words a person can say in a relationship are "I LOVE YOU." Don't assume that they know it therefore you stop saying it. Tell them. Show them. Love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment